Delahaye 135 was an automobile manufactured by Delahaye. Designed by young engineer Jean François, it was produced from 1935 until 1954 in many different body styles. A sporting tourer, it was also popular for racing. Competition 135s set the all-time record at the Ulster Tourist Trophy and placed second and third in the Mille Miglia in 1936, and the 1938 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The list of independent body suppliers offering to clothe the 135 chassis is the list of France's top coachbuilders of the time, including Figoni & Falaschi, Letourneur et Marchand, Guilloré, Marcel Pourtout, Frères Dubois, J Saoutchik, Franay, Antem and Henri Chapron.
The 135 was successful as a racing car during the late 1930s, winning the Monte Carlo rally 1937 and 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1938. The Le Mans victory, with Chaboud and Trémoulet at the wheel, was decisive, with two more Delahayes coming in second and fourth. A regular 135 came seventh at the 1935 Le Mans, and in 1937 135MS came in second and third. Appearing again in 1939, two 135MS made it to sixth and eighth place, and again after the war the now venerable 135MS finished in 5th, 9th, and 10th.
This fabulous 1937 Delahaye 135 CS Le Mans, was bought by a very well-known classic car collector in Argentina called Roberto “Gallego” Rodriguez in the late 1960’s. The car was found by him in an old barn on a farm in the Province of Santa Fe, Argentina complete with chassis, engine and a ruined coachwork. He then set about finding the finest craftsman in the country (and still recognized as being one of the best coach builders) Mr. Hugo Galicio, to reconstruct the whole bodywork in 1969. Mr. Galicio based the rebuilding of the bodywork from the original Delahaye factory plans (copies of those plans are available upon request). This astonishing car was owned by Rodriguez family unitl 2003 when the current owner bought from Mr Rodriguez’ wife. The car has remained in the same family’s private collection since 2003.
This fabulous car has been used in various races such as the Mille Millas in Argentina since 1989, the 500 Millas of CAS (Club Automobiles Sport), Gran Premio International de San Isidro, Gran Prix Paris Giannini, Gran Prix Legends in Autodromo International de Buenos Aires (ex F1 circuit) and many others. In 2011, the car was asked to be exhibited at Autoclásica expo which is organized by the Club de Automobiles Clásicos (CAC) in the Argentine Republic. This is the largest and most popular classic car exhibition in Latin America.
This exquisite racing pedigree car runs beautifully and has its original cotal gearbox ready to be fitted (offered with the car) . It has its FIVA Identity Card and other classic car documentation specifying the originality and origin of the car. Interested parties please note that Import Duties will be owed according to the country to which the car is to be registered.