The global magazine and marketplace for classic car enthusiasts, by enthusiasts.
The global magazine and marketplace for classic car enthusiasts, by enthusiasts.


After Zédel and Vinot et Deguingand ceased production, Donnet, a new company constituted from them in 1924, offered two new cars called Donnet-Zédel. A light car was made, the 7CV Donnet-Zedel Type G, which had a side-valve 4-cylinder engine of 1100cc and (unusual for so small a vehicle) a 4-speed gearbox. It was a solidly-built machine, and a Donnet-Zedel sports model was listed. There was, in addition, a medium-sized four of about 2¼-litres. From 1926, the Donnet-Zedel firm came to concentrate upon a 2½-litre six, also with side valves, which proved a popular car. Another, smaller six with 1.3-litres (later 1.8-litre) Sainturat-designed engine was also offered by Donnet-Zedel. In the 1932 range however, was a new small Donnet-Zedel car in the shape of a 750cc 2-stroke. This, a violet design, had been sold as the Dequingand until 1930. A fwd 2-litre 6-cylinder Donnet-Zedel, shown at the 1931 Paris Salon came to nothing. With the demise of Donnet, Simca took over the Donnet-Zedel factory.
Source: Georgano, encyclopedia of motorcar; TRN
The information is written with the greatest of care. However, if you have any suggested amendments please contact us at office@prewarcar.com
Rauch & Lang were an old-established carriage building firm (founded 1853) when they began to make electric Rauch & Lang cars in 1905. These Rauch & Lang cars followed the usual pattern for such electric vehicles, being mainly closed town cars, although a few open phaeton Rauch & Lang cars were also made. The biggest Rauch & Lang cars were heavier vehicles and included a six-seater limousine with separate outside seat for the chauffeur. Some Rauch & Lang cars had 4-doors, a very unusual feature in electric cars. In 1916 the Rauch & Lang cars became part of the Baker, Rauch & Lane group and production declined. From 1919 onwards the Rauch & Lang cars were sometimes listed as Raulangs, and from 1922 this became the official name of the Rauch & Lang cars.
By this time production of Rauch & Lang cars had been transferred to the Stevens-Duryea factory at Chicopee Falls where the number of private cars made was very small. The factory, which was still turning out a few Stevens-Duryeas, also made petrol and electric taxi-cabs under the name Rauch & Lang cars, and bodies for Stanley Steamers.
Source: Georgano, encyclopedia of motorcar; GNG
The information is written with the greatest of care. However, if you have any suggested amendments please contact us at office@prewarcar.com

